In 1996, Mr. Giometti wrote his first publication for the Colorado Bar Association, Colorado Law of Insurance Bad Faith. Since then, Mr. Giometti and his associates have devoted hundreds of hours to writing, revising and updating this first book and several other books and articles for the Colorado Bar Association and other publishers. These publications include:
Colorado Law of Insurance Bad Faith (3rd Ed. 2009). This book is currently being revised and a new edition will be published in 2015. The new edition will feature a lengthy chapter regarding statutory bad faith claims under C.R.S. §§ 10-3-1115 & -1116.
- The Emergence of the “Fairly Debatable Standard: (in Colorado as applied in other jurisdictions)
- Hotly Contested Issues in Bad Faith Litigation (including admissibility of evidence of post litigation conduct; and necessity and scope of expert testimony)
- Consent Judgments and Assignment of Bad Faith Claims Including Bashor Agreements and SoCalled Prejudgment Bashor Agreements
- Standard of Liability for First Party and Third Party Bad Faith Claims
- Recovery of Damages, Including Non-Economic and Economic Damages and Punitive Damages
Handbook of Colorado Wrongful Death Law (1997, 3rd Ed. 2015).
- Colorado’s Wrongful Death Act
- The Historical Evolution of the Law and Abolition of the Net Pecuniary Loss Rule
- Whose Death Will Give Rise to an Action
- Proper Plaintiffs
- Allocation of Proceeds
- Conflict of Laws Principles
- The Statute of Limitations
- Exemplary Damages
- Liability Issues
- Compensatory Damages
- Dram Shop Liability
- Constitutional Issues
Colorado Automobile Insurance and Accident Litigation (2001, 2nd Ed. 2013)
This valuable reference book covers every aspect of Colorado automobile insurance law and the litigation of automobile accident cases since the passage and subsequent repeal of the Colorado No-Fault Act, including:
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law, including: Who is an insured for purposes of UM/UIM coverage; who is an uninsured or underinsured motorist for purposes of UM/UIM coverage; stacking of coverage; public policy issues and permissible coverage exclusions; etc.
- Automobile Liability Insurance Coverage, including: Permissible and impermissible coverage exclusions; coverage for permissive users; stacking of coverage; primacy of coverage and apportionment; etc.
- Litigation of Bodily Injury Claims Arising from Motor Vehicle Accidents, including: The seat belt defense; parental immunity; the family car doctrine; negligence and comparative negligence; negligent entrustment claims; and the statute of limitations; etc.
Colorado Courtroom Handbook for Civil Trials; 1998, Supplemented 2008 and 2010
Chapter authors: Amanda Burke and Gregory R. Giometti
Author of Evidence Chapter, Annual Survey of Colorado Law; 1997-2002
Weinstein v. Prudential: Pay Ongoing Claims Before a Final Settlement? The Advocate, February 2011
“Recent Developments in Insurance Coverage Litigation,” Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Vol. 49, Issue 1 (Fall 2013).
“Recent Developments in Insurance Coverage Law,” Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Vol. 50, Issue 2 (Winter 2015).